This pad text is synchronized as you type, so that everyone viewing this page sees the same text. This allows you to collaborate seamlessly on documents!
To prevent your pad from appearing in the archive, put the word __NOPUBLISH__ (including the surrounding double underscores) anywhere in this pad. Changes will be reflected after the next archive update.
Warning: DirtyDB is used. This is fine for testing but not recommended for production. -- To suppress these warning messages change suppressErrorsInPadText to true in your settings.jsonAFTERNOON
MAKE: * how it relates to other verbs: construct, César http://manualsupervivenciamaker.com/manual/ manual aspect universality, we're all makers subcategory: cirtical making: you're looking at position of what you're making in the world - reaction to mass production (Pixelache) -> is this linked to critical engineering? cfr manifesto on Critical Engineering written by Danja Vasiliev & co http://k0a1a.net/), based in Berlin, workshops to teach people about networking, understand geopoliticat meaning of network (f.ex. all communication in country in South-America was passing by US) -> why do you make things? sometimes the reason why is represented in the space (ethical/political/for fun)
There is overlap between fab & make Fab is subset of make: 'make' is always 'make', whether it is knitting or digital making, it is the meaning that you put behind it, that makes it 'fab' or 'make' or 'hack' Make is invented by Chris Anderson (Wired)
FAB * quelque chose qui porte les gens vers le haut en wolof: fab = porter un niveau en haut * rules fab is defined by MIT, what it should be - they invented it http://fab.cba.mit.edu/about/charter/ * precise * object / physical / digital / replication * production/experimenting/collective * network / build from scratch -> plus d'attention pour les outils / more focus on tools? -> focus on 'fabrication' network, prototyping, access to certain technological industrial processes
I BELONG TO A .... BECAUSE .... JE FAIS PARTIE DE .... PARCE QUE ....
-> specify whether it is a physical/virtual/collaborative space
Wendy: part of fablab Brussels inspires her, has a lot of trust and freedom / learning / exchange
* Mamadou: is part of collective, is win win, there is no constraints if he's interested, he does it, otherwise not
* Veerle: belongs to a fablab/artistic organisation because wants to teach, share knowledge, make small positive tweaks to the world
* rest: see pictures!
WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY COME FROM? WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
* Fablab Brussels < schools: University VUB + Hogeschool Erasmus used for machines & personnel -> they take care of their machines themselves
* NY: companies
* TRAKK (Belgium): public money EU, FEDER fund (2014-2020) focus on economy (emerging businesses), is also for building/officies/exhibition spaces/artists/workshops/residencies this is a problem: would like to develop projects for people that don't fit, f.ex. workshops for kids -> they created TRAKK for this, with different insitutions (university, KIKK festival...) some little money comes from members projects & partnerships -> still looking for other funds to realize projects for more social public
* imal fablab (Belgium): public money Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles Communauté flamande Brussels Region EU Feder fund -> not same criteria as for TRAKK, Wallonia doesn't understand the law the same way as Brussels (pole Innovation) membership fee for fablab
* Makealavida (Madrid) non profit organisation hired for service: creating furniture & doing workshops in universities, cultural centers, museums... fee to participate in activities is free / organisers pay them that money is used to organise other parts that have no funding not always paying the workers, they try everyone has other jobs at the side collective is like part time job
* Open Takafa (Maroc) in the beginning it was difficult to find money then the met foundation FAZI for art they gave a space (L'Uzine: 4 floors, every floor is dedicated to type of art, ex BD, dance etc) 4th floor is maker space TAZI pays rent, materials, exhibitions Personnel is not paid, all volonteers
* OSM (Togo) legal base since 2014: association helps to negociate on projects with partners abroad, f.ex. EOF in France -> EOF: connect all OSM projects in West Africa, they negociate money with La Francophonie (OIF) they organise 2 to 3 projects per year in subregions, give technical formations for local people each year 60% of fees for experts is used to organise workshops, each person chooses whether they want to reinvest money
* Minodoo (Togo) no financing, because: 'you can't bite the hand that feeds you' the government contacts them to do things for money, but in the end they don't pay anything -> they decided not to participate anymore they developed different start-ups (3) and one more is coming, they offer services that pay for the projects they're nomadic
MORNING Here are some notes of Wendy's introduction Cool!
Last of different sessions Grigri (brings luck, in this case: light, electricity, energy)
Objectos Comunes * when is an object in common * when is an object common
Resilience capacité d'un écosystème (pay/informatique) d'une espèce/individu à récupérer un comportement normal après une perturbation
Geopolitical Spain is very different from BE, Marocco, Togo, Senegal (in)stabilité politique, influence beaucoup but there are common issues
Quote Hannah Arendt 1958, The Human Condition (chapter 'The modern age') action: being political, engaged in policy work: making, producing thing labour: it is us, the human species too much focus on producing objects if you're not agreeing on type of objects/context in which it is produced = undercurrent for coming days
"each object is poltical , there is no neutrality in the act of making, producing or product"
an= colleue of constant vzw, She has no experience with Fablabs She is a storyteller and writer and experiments a lot with text, translations, She mediates medialab prado to the outer world.
* Marthe 'ils/elles' membre de hackerpsace bruxelles dans une maison à Anvers elles expériment avec 'hackbase', vivre dans atmoshpère de hack concentré sur technologie & collectivités s'intéresse à la politicisation de la technologie grande expérience en stratégies féministes, afin d'émanciper de la pensée néolibérale (autour de nous + dans nos corps) plus d'intérêt au hackerspace, au lieur de hacklab, parce qu'ils sont souvent situés dans des espaces sociaux
* Paul member of Usinette (little factory) collectif of friends, desindustrialisation and reapproriation of technology how to change daily life (transport, lodging...) collaborated with Ker Thiosane (project?) Paris: Tmp//lab they construct space near Bourges in geodesic dome (caravan) background: industrial designer how to go from to closed proprietary capitalist design into an open source and shared design was participant in Gri gri pixel last 2 weeks
* Julien - http://Leresteux.net together with Philippe on fablab for youngsters in Molenbeek (!) projet name: falbabeke work on project since 1 month one is a fixed lab, one is mobile for interventions in schools worked with kids in introduction to IT since 8 years member of Microfactory (Brussels) : makerspace
* Philippe works with Julien :-) would like to work on mobile fablab this week, great if others are interested -> resistent to transport Background: artist, worked a lot with kids part of Apertus project: F/LOSS applied to film, are developing open hardware camera is happy to talk about it more if you're interested would be ideal to have the entire process open, from light, pixel to screen prototype is in Vienna ... can show pictures
* Julien he will present in both languages comes from Brussels, lives in NY since 1y represents Libre Objet http://libreobjet.org/, collective that exists since 4y with artists and designers open licenses for objects, in an online repository > git organised a lot of workshops, have a website with Floss designs, participated in Interactivos in December (wrote a book there 'Diverted Derived Design', that will be presented later) background: artist, IT, open hardware you see benches in the space, made from Europpalettes = his project: design with least garbage', quickly made (less than 1h) -> ils sont intéressé à traduire le livre dans n'importe quelle langue
* Dani travaille à Medialab depuis 8 ans depuis 2 ans il travaille au fablab on le reverra bcp cette semaine a participé à l'atelier Grigri curieux de connaître les résultats de cette semaine sera là tous les matins cette semaine ingénieur électrique comme son père (lab en Italie? font bcp de projets avec des réseaux wifi, collaborent bcp avec l'Afrique, Amérique du Sud, teste des installation télécommunication, essaient de couvrir grandes distances sans matériel officiel (?))
* Luc coordinator of imal (Brussels): art gallery, artist residences + fablab part of EU-project in Molenbeek, trying to include underprivilged people in collaboration with partners : social centers already integrated in the neighbourhood interested in different pedagogic practices background: complicated :-), physics, sound/audio engineer, radio director, artist, engaged in fablab & working in opera & classical music radios
* Jil works with François pour Trakk (Namur BE), creative hub & fablab http://www.trakk.be/ work also for KIKK festival (BE), about creative & media cultures represent here fablab of TRAKK, create links between artists, scientist, new media & business -> mediate encounters organise workshops, introduction to technology/construction of x (amplifier) for children and adults background: non-technical; studied law, worked in copyright, cinema, graphic design and TRakk interested in methodologies of each participant
* François works for Trakk (especially fablab), Kikk, Smart Gastronomy Lab (lab to develop new products/services in food by putting end user at center of process, f.ex. 3D printer that prints with chocolate) background: programmer (10 y) + woodwork
César from Madrid, founder of Makespace + involved in other fablabs He's writing book 'Gigantesk' all information is in English lots of people come to space to start but they don't speak English launched crowdfunding platform to write book 27 people writing, 450 pages done in Spanish (building, disassembling, 3D printing) www.manualsupervivencia.com CC share alike